Travel Restrictions in Tamil Nadu during Night Curfew and Sunday’s:
Travellers who want to travel by taxi or own vehicle to Airports, Railway stations, or Bus stand need to carry their tickets on weekdays night curfew and Sunday’s.
Here is the list of night lockdown imposed by the Tamil Nadu Government:
Amid rising coronavirus COVID-19 cases in Tamil Nadu have been set to impose night lockdown from Thursday 06 January 2022 to 31 January 2022 (10 PM to 5 AM) and complete lockdown only on Sundays to curb the unfolding of the deadly virus.
From 14/01/2022 to 18/01/2022 the public is not allowed to go to places of worship.
Only 75% of people are allowed to travel on public transport during the Pongal holidays.
The following activities shall be permitted during the night lockdown:
- All types of Shopping complexes, Malls, and hotels are not allowed to operate during this night curfew.
- Intra-state public and private transports are allowed
- Inter-state public and private transports are allowed to operate with COVID guidelines such as wearing masks, clinical thermometer, avoiding crowds, and also management must confirm their divers and conductors are vaccinated 2 doses.
- Essential services such as the supply of milk, courier service, hospitals, medical labs, newspapers, pharmaceutical shops, ambulance, and Fuel Vehicles (Petrol, Diesel, and LPG), will be permitted during the night lockdown and Sunday’s.
- Banks, ATMs, bank related transport shall be permitted to operate.
- Petrol/Diesel Bunks are allowed to operate 24 hours.
- Manufacturing companies, IT and ITES are allowed to work on night time. Employees must have their ID card.
The following activities shall continue to remain prohibited during the Lockdown:
- On Sunday's (09/01/2022, 16/01/2022) complete lockdown in Tamil Nadu
- Restaurants, hotels and messes will be allowed up to 50 per cent from 7am to 10pm.
- On sunday parcel food (Take away service) alone shall be permitted in all Restaurants, Hotels, Bakeries, and Mess from 7 AM to 10 PM.
- E-commerce food delivery entities like Swiggy, Zomato, Dunzo shall be permitted to operate only during this time schedule as 7 AM to 10 PM.
- Travellers who want to travel by taxi or own vehicle to AIrports, Railway stations, or Bus stand need to carry their tickets on weekdays night curfew and Sunday’s
- Amma Canteens shall continue to function.
- Childrens Trust are allowed and play school, nursery schools are not allowed
- From 1st to 9th class students are not allowed to go to schools
- From 10th to 12th class students are allowed to school for public exam preparation and also get vaccinated for Covid.
- Hotels and Lodges, except those meant for the guests staying for business purpose and medical related activities shall be prohibited.
- All Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ festival related and other gathering in both open and closed spaces shall be prohibited.
- As already ordered, the number of persons in respect of funeral / last rites shall not exceed 50.
- Beauty Parlour, Hair cutting Saloons, Spas shall be permitted to operate throughout the state up to 50 percent customers.
- All Cinemas / Multiplex/ Theatres, Gymnasiums, Yoga training centres, Recreation Clubs, all Bars, are allowed only up to 50 percent customers.
- All religious places of worship shall be closed for public worship on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Public transports and local train are allowed only up to 50 percent of the passengers
- Chennai metro train is allowed only up to 50 percent of the passengers.
- Government and private people are not allowed to celebrate Pongal are not allowed
- All Beaches across the State shall be permitted for walking only (5 AM - 9 AM).
- Parks/Gardens, Zoological Parks, Museums, Entertainment and amusement parks, Archaeological Monuments and Excavation sites across the State shall be closed for public on all days.
- Vegetables and fish markets are allowed to operate with Government guidelines.
- Rental Vehicles, Taxis, Cab aggregation allowed for essential activities viz., funeral/last rites of close relatives, interview/employment, medical emergency shall be permitted with tickets during night curfew and sunday lockdown.
- Marriages and marriage related gathering shall be permitted with guests not exceeding 100 and in respect of funeral / last rites, the number of persons shall not exceed 50 with the restrictions imposed already.
- Swimming Pools and Sports training academies shall be opened up to 50 percent peoples are allowed.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu has made 'e-Pass' compulsory for all domestic and international travelers entering Tamil Nadu from all States/Union Territories.
- With the sudden surge in coronavirus cases, the state has taken several measures to curb the spread of infection.
- All travelers getting into the state must register online before arrival. The state health department will follow up as per the revised guidelines issued by the government in April.
- Website: tnepass.tnega.org/#/app/#/user/pass.
- All passengers are advised to follow the COVID-19 safety precautions.
List of Covid-19 Safety Precautions Taken:
- Be a Hero, "Wear A Mask"
- Wash Your Hands
- Keep Social Distancing
- Cough and Sneeze into Your Sleeve
- Stay Home, If you are Feeling Unwell
- Stay Safe, Save Lifes and Stop the Spread
What is an E-Pass?
- E-Pass could be a document that you are needed to furnish upon arrival at a destination. It's been mandated by sure states to curb the increase of COVID-19 cases. you will be able to apply for an E-Pass on your state government sites wherever it is been mandated.
- Getting E-Pass is Simple. You will give personal details, cab/driver details, and alternative necessary documents on government websites as a locality of the epass application method.
How to apply for an E-pass Kanchipuram Online?
- Visit tnepass.tnega.org which is the official website by the Tamil Nadu government to use for an e-pass.
- You must register yourself before filling the form. Enter your mobile number and also the captcha to receive an OTP.
- Once you enter the OTP, you will be directed to a page where there are options to apply for e-pass for travel via road (private vehicles) and air for both individuals and groups, business round trip, guest workers from other states, and commercial establishments, industries, businesses, traders and financial companies.
What are the Requirements for Epass Kanchipuram?
- After deciding the type of e-pass, you need to fill in necessary details like your name, address (home and destination), vary of travel (inter-district/inter-state), day and time of travel, number of passengers, vehicle details, ID proof, the reason for travel, etc.
- You will have to be compelled to furnish the specified documents for the travel, like medical records just in case of a medical emergency.
- Once the information is filled in, verification is going to be done. Each document and ID proof needs to be submitted. Once they are confirmed, the e-pass is going to be processed.
- You will be needed to submit your Aadhar Card or elector ID, PAN Card, address proof, vehicle license, and employment ID to avail of the e-pass.
Booking a Cab with E-pass Kanchipuram on Taxida:
- Step 1: Visit taxida.in
- Step 2: Enter your departure station and arrival as your destination along with the date of travel. You get to see taxi prices for all types of vehicles.
- Step 3: Select the cheapest cab operators of your choice and proceed.
- Step 4: Pay for the taxi through debit/credit card or net banking options available on Taxida.
- You will receive the confirmation on your registered mobile number and e-mail ID after successful payment.
Checklist for applying for the Covid Epass Kanchipuram:
- Any individual/family will apply for the Covid e-pass utilize the government’s website.
- While applying for the e-pass, all the information must be filled without errors
- Use a working mobile number to receive verification OTP.
- After submission of your request, an application reference number is generated which is able to assist you to track the position of your application.
- Take a soft or hard copy of the Covid E-pass whereas traveling to point out it to security personnel if asked.
Is E-pass Required for Air Travel?
For Domestic Passengers:
- Thermal screening shall be done for all passengers
- All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App
- All customers are mandatorily required to obtain ePass through
- No COVID certification is required for the passengers arriving from Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh & Puducherry.
- COVID Testing will be done on only symptomatic persons coming from Maharashtra & Kerala.
- It is mandatory for all passengers arriving in airports to have E-Pass & also carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hours. RT-PCR timeline starts from the swab collection time.
For Passengers from Foreign Airport to Tamil Nadu:
- All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App
- All customers are mandatorily required to obtain ePass through https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass
- All customers including children and infants shall be mandatorily required to submit a self-health declaration form on Air Suvidha Portal
- All customers including children and infants shall be mandatorily required to upload COVID-19 negative RT-PCR on Air Suvidha Portal. The test should have been taken within 72 hours of the departure
- All customers including children and infants are required to submit an online declaration of the authenticity of the report and to abide by the decision of the government authority to undergo home quarantine/self-health monitoring for 14 days or as warranted
- Exemption from RT-PCR requirement shall be permitted only in case of death in the family and must be applied online at least 72 hours before departure on the Air Suvidha Portal.
- All customers shall be required to present online SDF/RT-PCR exemption approval to the health authorities upon arrival
- All customers including children and infants shall be required to have a physical or digital copy of the acknowledgment of their self-health declaration form submitted on the Air Suvidha Portal along with their RT-PCR report failing which they can be denied boarded at the origin station.
Tamil Nadu Complete Lockdown:
Do I need an e-pass for within-state travel?
Yes, the Tamil Nadu government has said that e-pass is mandatory for people to travel during the state-wide curfew.
Who needs an e-pass?
- People who travel between these districts (Kanchipuram, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Kanchipuram, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai) need epass for medical emergency and funeral/last rituals.
- People who travel between only these four districts (Kanchipuram, Tiruvallur, Kanchipuram and Kanchipuram) does not need e-pass.
- People who travel between these districts (Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Kanyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Perambalur, Pudukkottai, Ramanathapuram, Ranipet, Sivaganga, Theni, Thenkasi, Tirunelveli, Tirupathur, Tiruvannamalai, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar) does not need epass.
- People coming inside Tamil Nadu from other states.
- Transit (People traveling from one state to another state via Tamil Nadu).
- People coming to Tamil Nadu from foriegn countries.
- People who travel between these districts (Kanchipuram, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Kanchipuram, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai) need epass for marriage related travel.
- Only one registration is to be made for all guests coming to the function. eRegistration has been enabled for all vehicles in a single registration. The eRegistration shall be made only by a person(applicant) who is directly connected to the marriage (like the bride, groom, mother, father, mother-in-law, father-in-law, etc.)
- The applicant's name must be printed on the wedding card and a copy of the wedding card has to be necessarily uploaded.
- Please keep details of all vehicles - registration number, driver name, mobile number, all passenger name,s and one Govt. issued ID proof (Aadhar, Ration card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport) ready before you start applying.
E-Pass Quarantine Rules:
- 07 days of Home Quarantine & 07 days of self-monitoring for all passengers arriving into Tamil Nadu from Maharashtra & Kerala.
- 14 days of self-monitoring for all passengers arriving into Tamil Nadu from other states/UT.
- Business travellers coming to Tamil Nadu for a short stay (less than 72 hours) are exempted from home quarantine. Not applicable for passengers arriving at Airport.
- Symptomatic passengers will be required to go for Institutional Quarantine till the time COVID test results are available, at the discretion of Health Officials. Post which they will be required to complete the remaining period of Home Quarantine.
Required document to apply for an Epass for Kanchipuram:
Anyone ID Proof of Applicant from the below list:
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Type of Vehicle
- Vehicle Number
According to the guidelines given on the Tamil Nadu e-Pass website:
Students, Essential service providers, Travelers, Tourists, Emergency / Medical travel, and wedding purposes can only apply for this epass.
Updated: Janurary 06, 2022
Best cab service in Chennai
Best cab service in Coimbatore
Best cab service in Madurai
Best cab service in Salem
Best cab service in Vellore
Best cab service in Bangalore
Best cab service in Thanjavur
Best cab service in Cuddalore
Best cab service in Tiruvannamalai
Best cab service in Karur
- Drop Taxi
- Outstation Taxi
- Outstation Cabs
- Local Taxi
- Airport Taxi
- Tourist Places
- Popular Routes
- Pilgrim Packages
- Chennai Airport Taxi
- Trichy Airport Taxi
- Coimbatore Airport Taxi
- Madurai Airport Taxi
- Bangalore Airport Taxi
- Trivandrum Airport Taxi
- Top Pages
- Other Routes
- Taxi Routes
- Kodaikanal Routes
- Bangalore - Popular Routes
- Top Routes