- The Government of Tamil Nadu has made 'e-Pass' compulsory for all domestic and international travelers entering Tamil Nadu from all States/Union Territories.
- With the sudden surge in coronavirus cases, the state has taken several measures to curb the spread of infection.
- All travelers getting into the state must register online before arrival. The state health department will follow up as per the revised guidelines issued by the government in April.
- Website: tnepass.tnega.org/#/app/#/user/pass.
- All passengers are advised to follow the COVID-19 safety precautions.
List of Covid-19 Safety Precautions Taken:
- Be a Hero, "Wear A Mask"
- Wash Your Hands
- Keep Social Distancing
- Cough and Sneeze into Your Sleeve
- Stay Home, If you are Feeling Unwell
- Stay Safe, Save Lifes and Stop the Spread
What is an E-Pass?
- E-Pass could be a document that you are needed to furnish upon arrival at a destination. It's been mandated by sure states to curb the increase of COVID-19 cases. you will be able to apply for an E-Pass on your state government sites wherever it is been mandated.
- Getting E-Pass is Simple. You will give personal details, cab/driver details, and alternative necessary documents on government websites as a locality of the epass application method.
For Passengers from Foreign Airport to Tamil Nadu:
- All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App
- All customers are mandatorily required to obtain ePass through https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass
- All customers including children and infants shall be mandatorily required to submit a self-health declaration form on Air Suvidha Portal
- All customers including children and infants shall be mandatorily required to upload COVID-19 negative RT-PCR on Air Suvidha Portal. The test should have been taken within 72 hours of the departure
- All customers including children and infants are required to submit an online declaration of the authenticity of the report and to abide by the decision of the government authority to undergo home quarantine/self-health monitoring for 14 days or as warranted
- Exemption from RT-PCR requirement shall be permitted only in case of death in the family and must be applied online at least 72 hours before departure on the Air Suvidha Portal.
- All customers shall be required to present online SDF/RT-PCR exemption approval to the health authorities upon arrival
- All customers including children and infants shall be required to have a physical or digital copy of the acknowledgment of their self-health declaration form submitted on the Air Suvidha Portal along with their RT-PCR report failing which they can be denied boarded at the origin station.
Tamil Nadu Complete Lockdown:
Do I need an e-pass for within-state travel?
Yes, the Tamil Nadu government has said that e-pass is mandatory for people to travel during the state-wide curfew.
Who needs an e-pass?
- People who travel between these districts (Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai) need epass for medical emergency and funeral/last rituals.
- People who travel between only these four districts (Chennai, Tiruvallur, Kanchipuram and Chengalpattu) does not need e-pass.
- People who travel between these districts (Ariyalur, Dindigul, Cuddalore, Kallakurichi, Dharmapuri, Karur, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Pudukkottai, Perambalur, Ranipet, Ramanathapuram, Sivaganga, Theni, Thenkasi, Thoothukudi, Tirunelveli, Tiruvannamalai, Tirupathur, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar) does not need epass.
- People coming inside Tamil Nadu from other states.
- Transit (People traveling from one state to another state via Tamil Nadu).
- People coming to Tamil Nadu from foriegn countries.
- People who travel between these districts (Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai) need epass for marriage related travel.
- Only one registration is to be made for all guests coming to the function. eRegistration has been enabled for all vehicles in a single registration. The eRegistration shall be made only by a person(applicant) who is directly connected to the marriage (like the bride, groom, mother, father, mother-in-law, father-in-law, etc.)
- The applicant's name must be printed on the wedding card and a copy of the wedding card has to be necessarily uploaded.
- Please keep details of all vehicles - registration number, driver name, mobile number, all passenger name and one Govt. issued ID proof (Aadhar, Ration card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport) ready before you start applying.
Here is the list of complete lockdown imposed by the Tamil Nadu Government:
Amid rising coronavirus COVID-19 cases in Tamil Nadu have been set to impose from Monday (June 28 - July 05, 2021) to curb the unfolding of the deadly virus.
The following activities shall be permitted during the complete lockdown except in Containment Zones:
- Chennai Metro Rails permitted with only 50% seating capacity.
- Essential services such as supply of milk, courier service, hospitals, medical labs, newspapers, pharmaceutical shops, ambulance and Fuel Vehicles (Petrol, Diesel and LPG), will be permitted during the complete lockdown.
- Platform vendors selling vegetables and flowers alone shall be permitted
- E-commerce entities like Dunzo shall be permitted to deliver provisions from 6 AM to 9 PM only.
- Shops like vegetables, meat, and fish are allowed.
- During complete lockdown, Parcel food only shall be permitted in the Restaurants, Hotels, Bakeries and Mess from 6.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M., 12.00 Noon to 3.00P.M.and 6.00 P.M. to 9.00P.M.
- E-commerce food delivery entities like Swiggy, Zomato shall be permitted to operate only during this time schedule as 6 AM to 9 PM.
- Road-side eateries shall be permitted (parcel only).
- Amma Canteens shall continue to function.
- Public Distribution Shops shall be permitted to function.
- Marriages and marriage related gathering shall be permitted with guests not exceeding 50 and in respect of funeral / last rites, the number of persons shall not exceed 50 with the restrictions imposed already.
- Petrol and Diesel Bunks shall be permitted to operate.
- Travel to Nilgiris District, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Yelagiri, and Kutralam for emergency reasons shall only be permitted after obtaining epass from the respective District Collectors.
- Schools, Colleges, Universities, all Educational training institutions, Government, Private Coaching/training centres shall be opened for admission related works.
- Banks, ATMs, bank related transport, all types of medical stores shall be permitted to operate.
The following activities shall continue to remain prohibited during the Complete Lockdown period:
- All international air travel of passengers, except for the purposes as permitted by Indian Government.
- To monitor the passengers coming by air and train from Foreign countries and other states, e-registration (https://eregister.tnega.org) shall continue to be in force. Passengers will be permitted to travel from/to railway stations/airports with travel tickets.
- Shopping Complex and Malls, have been allowed for only food court (parcel only).
- Parcel food (Take away service) alone shall be permitted in all Restaurants, Hotels, Bakeries, and Mess from 6.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M., 12.00 Noon to 3.00 P.M., and 6.00 P.M. to 9.00 P.M. The dine-in facility shall not be permitted in Restaurants, Hotels, Mess and Tea Shops for category type 1 and 2 districts.
- Tea Shops shall be permitted for only take away services.
- Hotels and Lodges, except those meant for the guests staying for business purpose and medical related activities shall be prohibited.
- All Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ festival related and other gathering in both open and closed spaces shall be prohibited.
- As already ordered, the number of persons in respect of funeral / last rites shall not exceed 50.
- Beauty Parlour, Hair cutting Saloons, Spas shall be permitted to operate throughout the State except category 1 type district.
- All Cinemas / Multiplex/ Theatres, Gymnasiums, Yoga training centres, Recreation Clubs, all Bars, Auditoriums, Exhibition Halls, Entertainment / Amusement Parks, Meeting Halls and other similar places shall be open for category 2 and 3 type districts only.
- All Private Offices, Private organizations, IT / ITEs shall open up to with 20% employees.
- All religious places places of worship shall be closed for public worship. However, essential Poojas / Prarthanas / Rituals are permitted to be conducted. Kudamuzhukku / Thiruvizha shall not be permitted.
- All Beaches across the State shall be closed for public on all days and permitted for walking only (5 AM - 9 AM).
- Parks/Gardens, Zoological Parks, Museums, Archaeological Monuments and Excavation sites across the State shall be closed for public on all days.
- Swimming Pools and Sports training academies shall be opened for category type 2 and 3 district people only.
- Rental Vehicles, Taxis, Cab aggregation allowed for essential activities viz., funeral/last rites of close relatives, interview/employment, medical emergency shall be permitted with epass.
- All e-commerce services other than e-commerce entities delivering food, provisions, vegetables, meat and fish only shall be permitted with 6 AM and 9 PM.
E-Pass Quarantine Rules:
- 07 days of Home Quarantine & 07 days of self-monitoring for all passengers arriving into Tamil Nadu from Maharashtra & Kerala.
- 14 days of self-monitoring for all passengers arriving into Tamil Nadu from other states/UT.
- Business travellers coming to Tamil Nadu for a short stay (less than 72 hours) are exempted from home quarantine. Not applicable for passengers arriving at Airport.
- Symptomatic passengers will be required to go for Institutional Quarantine till the time COVID test results are available, at the discretion of Health Officials. Post which they will be required to complete the remaining period of Home Quarantine.
Required document to apply for an Epass for Trichy:
Anyone ID Proof of Applicant from the below list:
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Type of Vehicle
- Vehicle Number
According to the guidelines given on the Tamil Nadu e-Pass website:
Students, Essential service providers, Travelers, Tourists, Emergency / Medical travel, and wedding purposes can only apply for this epass.
Updated: June 29, 2021
- Drop Taxi
- Outstation Taxi
- Outstation Cabs
- Local Taxi
- Airport Taxi
- Tourist Places
- Popular Routes
- Pilgrim Packages
- Chennai Airport Taxi
- Trichy Airport Taxi
- Coimbatore Airport Taxi
- Madurai Airport Taxi
- Bangalore Airport Taxi
- Trivandrum Airport Taxi
- Top Pages
- Other Routes
- Taxi Routes
- Kodaikanal Routes