- The Government of Tamil Nadu has made 'e-Pass' compulsory for all domestic and international travelers entering Tamil Nadu from all States/Union Territories.
- With the sudden surge in coronavirus cases, the state has taken several measures to curb the spread of infection.
- All travelers getting into the state must register online before arrival. The state health department will follow up as per the revised guidelines issued by the government in April.
- Website: tnepass.tnega.org/#/app/#/user/pass.
- All passengers are advised to follow the COVID-19 safety precautions.
List of Covid-19 Safety Precautions Taken:
- Be a Hero, "Wear A Mask"
- Wash Your Hands
- Keep Social Distancing
- Cough and Sneeze into Your Sleeve
- Stay Home, If you are Feeling Unwell
- Stay Safe, Save Lifes and Stop the Spread
What is an E-Pass?
- E-Pass could be a document that you are needed to furnish upon arrival at a destination. It's been mandated by sure states to curb the increase of COVID-19 cases. you will be able to apply for an E-Pass on your state government sites wherever it is been mandated.
- Getting E-Pass is Simple. You will give personal details, cab/driver details, and alternative necessary documents on government websites as a locality of the epass application method.
For Passengers from Foreign Airport to Tamil Nadu:
- All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App
- All customers are mandatorily required to obtain ePass through https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass
- All customers including children and infants shall be mandatorily required to submit a self-health declaration form on Air Suvidha Portal
- All customers including children and infants shall be mandatorily required to upload COVID-19 negative RT-PCR on Air Suvidha Portal. The test should have been taken within 72 hours of the departure
- All customers including children and infants are required to submit an online declaration of the authenticity of the report and to abide by the decision of the government authority to undergo home quarantine/self-health monitoring for 14 days or as warranted
- Exemption from RT-PCR requirement shall be permitted only in case of death in the family and must be applied online at least 72 hours before departure on the Air Suvidha Portal.
- All customers shall be required to present online SDF/RT-PCR exemption approval to the health authorities upon arrival
- All customers including children and infants shall be required to have a physical or digital copy of the acknowledgment of their self-health declaration form submitted on the Air Suvidha Portal along with their RT-PCR report failing which they can be denied boarded at the origin station.
Here are the Covid-19 Restrictions imposed by the Tamil Nadu Government:
Amid rising coronavirus COVID-19 cases in Tamil Nadu have been set to impose from Saturday (April 24, 2021) to curb the unfolding of the deadly virus.
- Shopping malls, large format stores to be shut. Departmental stores are allowed with 50 percent capacity.
- Theatres, recreational clubs, gyms, meeting halls, auditoriums, and bars to continue closed. Salons, spas, parlors, and barbershops to be shut.
- Salons, spas, parlors, and barbershops to be shut.
- Only takeaway services are allowed in hotels, restaurants, mess, tea shops, etc. Dine-in facilities will be strictly prohibited.
- E-commerce is allowed with time restrictions.
- Religious places to remain closed.
- Minimum 50 percent of employees at IT firms are directed to work from home.
- Sports training academies will be shut. The training allowed only for international and national sporting events.
- No standees in public transport.
- Grocery shops and vegetable outlets are allowed to function, except large malls and shopping complexes.
- Attendees in funerals capped at 25 people and for marriages, the higher limit is 50.
- Except for Puducherry, all other state passengers and travelers got to apply for E-Pass.
- Maximum 3 passengers allowed in taxis and 2 passengers in autos.
- TASMAC liquor retailers are an area unit allowed to perform however bars connected to liquor retailers would not be is allowed to work.
- The state has additionally issued restrictions on personal functions with only fifty persons allowed in marriages and twenty-five in funerals.
E-Pass Quarantine Rules:
- 07 days of Home Quarantine & 07 days of self-monitoring for all passengers arriving into Tamil Nadu from Maharashtra & Kerala.
- 14 days of self-monitoring for all passengers arriving into Tamil Nadu from other states/UT.
- Business travelers coming to Tamil Nadu for a short stay (less than 72 hours) are exempted from home quarantine. Not applicable for passengers arriving at Airport.
- Symptomatic passengers will be required to go for Institutional Quarantine till the time COVID test results are available, at the discretion of Health Officials. Post which they will be required to complete the remaining period of Home Quarantine.
Required document to apply for an Epass for Salem:
Anyone ID Proof of Applicant from the below list:
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Type of Vehicle
- Vehicle Number
According to the guidelines given on the Tamil Nadu e-Pass website:
Students, Essential service providers, Travelers, Tourists, Emergency / Medical travel, and wedding purposes can only apply for this epass.
Updated: April 29, 2021
- Drop Taxi
- Outstation Taxi
- local Taxi
- Airport Taxi
- Tourist Places
- Popular Routes